Memory Care Services
The start of a journey
Living with dementia and Alzheimer’s is a journey, both for our residents and their loved ones. Our secured buildings provide an environment to encourage each resident to continue to enjoy the small pleasures of daily life surrounded by only 9 neighbors. Our quiet atmosphere provides activities as desired, and tranquility to help ease anxiety. Our small staff means only having to get to know and trust few and wonderful caregivers.
Memory Care Residents Receive
- 24 hour staffing with Licensed Practical Nurse coverage in the building or on-call
- Safe, secure environment with secured doors
- Care from staff members with specific training in Alzheimer’s and memory care
- Address the needs of each resident with dementia and person-centered care to promote resident choice and dignity
- Provide residents with choices for meaningful engagement with others
- Three nutritious, home-cooked meals and snacks daily
- Group & Individualized activities
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) including: Bathing, Dressing, Grooming, and Eating
- Incontinence support and management
- Medication Administration under nurse supervision & a Personalized care plan
- Consultation with physicians and other care providers to assess abilities and needs
- Laundry and cleaning services
- Arranged transportation to medical appointments
- On-site X-Rays
- Luxurious spa tub for soaking baths
- All utilities (heat, electrical, central air, water, sewer, and cable) Private phone line additional
- Person-Centered Activities and Special Events
- Access to Barber/Beauty Salon services
Cherrywood Advanced Living understands dementia and other types of memory loss. We are dedicated to providing memory care services that positively impact cognitive functioning and improve quality of life.
My mom was in the Big Lake location. She was only there for a short time but could not ask for a better place. Staff was good with what she needed and saw it to the end. Between them and hospice I can not say enough good things. I wish I would have known about them sooner. I had her in a big memory care facility. I know she would have loved the small amount of residents. She loved to crochet and work on puzzles. Thank you for taking care of her.
That’s so fun! Thank you so much for all you do to help end Alzheimer’s!
My mom has now been at Cherrywood for over a year and we are very happy with the care that has been provided. Caitlyn has gone above and beyond for my mom as she has a TBI and is quite young compared to most in the facility. She’s spent time painting her nails and chatting with her. During tough times such as the pandemic that we are experiencing, it’s nice to know that even though I couldn’t see her for a period of time, she still had someone taking an extra step for her mental health and care.
When our world is turned upside down with social distancing, wearing masks and not hugging our loved ones. It is so reassuring to know Cherrywood Andover is providing safe and amazing accommodation to help us and our mom throughout these troubling times.
The friendly staff greet and joke with my mom on a daily basis. We know she is in great hands as the care and cleanliness at Cherrywood Andover is second to none.
Thanks for making my mom feel at home!
Just a short note to express our sincere thanks for the wonderful care my Mom has received during her 10 month stay at Cherrywood. The staff have been so wonderful in meeting the needs for my Mom as she starts to progress in the next stage of dementia. We are so happy they let her help out with unpacking groceries and folding laundry…she is included in tasks that get her out of her room throughout the day! The staff very efficient in keeping our family informed in any necessary concerns. Many thanks for the wonderful care over the last 10 months for my Mom.